If you are starting a new venture, a new career or any new endeavor you probably spend a lot of time checking into the the strategy involved in being successful.
Got a new job? You might learn about the culture in the business or the procedures that are involved.
Creating a new product that you want to sell? You probably research how to market and connect with your ideal customers.
Need to meet new contacts or clients? You might learn about the best places to network or what to do when you get there.
Guess what we don’t usually think much about? Creating the right mindset for being successful.
It seems a little too woo-woo
It seems too vague.
Guess what usually brings us down in our new venture? Mindset. Not that we recognize it. Instead we blame the economy or our co-workers, or our boss or even ourselves for being inadequate. Behind it all though is the beliefs that we entertain about ourselves and our world.
The Secret Sauce for Success
Mindset is the secret sauce for success. Not only does it have enormous power in our lives, it is also one thing that we can totally control.
What can we not change? Many times we cannot change our circumstances. Circumstances like being the oldest child in our family. Or the age we are. Or the type of upbringing we had. Some circumstances of course we can change. We hate our job or our boss is overbearing and degrading. We can leave our job. We are in a relationship that is abusive or non-supportive. We can leave the relationship.
While we can’t always change our circumstances, we can always change our thinking. Our brains and how we use them are under our control and by default so are our feelings or emotions. Our thoughts create our feelings which ultimately determines our actions. Pretty amazing how much control and power we have isn’t it?
Creating a Strong Mindset
There a several ways that we can develop a strong mindset which will ensure success in other areas. Here are three practices to stay mentally strong:
- Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself– Feeling sorry for yourself is giving away your power. You are arguing with reality and telling the universe that it should operate differently. Instead consider the situation research and development. Learn from the situation and begin anew more intelligently.
- Don’t fear taking calculated risks–Success involves change and growth. Tiny seeds make big changes to become grown plants. Caterpillars struggle to break out of a comfortable cocoon without knowing the beautiful future ahead. Without change and the risk of failure there is is no success.
- Don’t resent other’s success–When we compare ourselves to others and resent their success we are operating from a scarcity mindset. We are in essence saying, “They got a raise and a new position and now there is less available for me.” Don’t make other’s success about you. Instead celebrate their gain and know that there is enough available in the world for you to be successful as well.
What ever your challenge, your future goals, make sure that you give as much attention to the mindset that you have going forward. Strategy is important but recognizing the power of our beliefs about ourselves may make or break the deal.
The Called Woman Conference 2015–Because You Are Worth It!
Have you had a dream for so long–you wonder if you should just give up on it ever coming true?
Have you tried a few things and found that they just didn’t work?
Are you frustrated and overwhelmed with the idea of making a change…even though you know you desperately need one?
Do you just wonder where to start?
The Called Woman Conference can help.
If you have been to the Called Woman Conference in the past, you already know what an amazing day it is. Well, this year will be no different.
In fact, this year will most likely be the BEST CONFERENCE EVER, and you know WHY? Because this year we are focusing on creating Individual Action Plans for everyone who attends. We’ve talked about finding your purpose and going after your dreams before, but this time we want to make sure you leave with a STEP by STEP plan to achieve that in as little time as possible.
We have created an extremely interactive 4 HOURS to pack an incredible toolbox for you to use specific to your goal. We will take you through a step by step process and when the day is over, you will have the blueprint and tools you need to go out and grab your best life now.
Skills You will Learn
- develop clarity of purpose
- create priority management techniques
- eliminate mindset messages that hold you back
- learn how to maintain the momentum you’ve achieved
- create a step by step action plan
Join us for a VERY SPECIAL CALLED WOMAN CONFERENCE…Because You’re Worth It.
This will be the most individualized, intensive day of building your dream you can ever imagine. We promise or we will gladly refund your money.
Join us on Saturday April 25th from 9:00 am to 1:00pm at the
MUST Ministries Administration Building
1407 Cobb Parkway NW
Marietta, Georgia 30062
Ready to take the next step?
BRINGING A FRIEND? We’d love you to!
Bring your mom, sister, colleague, BFF, daughter or granddaughter.
Can’t attend but want a recording of the conference?
Invest in yourself and your future–you will be changing your life forever.
Come with an idea, a dream, a goal, a decision, a purpose…
LEAVE WITH THE TOOLBOX that will make it happen.
Can’t wait to see you there. April 25th…the day you walk in half empty and leave
Lynne and Kathy